So as not to dwell on pity
My week, in a nutshell, was very tiring. Lack of sleep (we're talking about 5 hours or less a night) + a lot of work (French test, psych readings) + NATS singing competition next week + Mustard Seed + violin recital coming up soon + performing at studio class, etc = STRESSED OUT JOSH.But what was good about the week, you ask
On Friday, the Hvass's (SoulZone Ministries) had a night of healing and prayer at their house from 9pm to midnight. It was an awesome time of soaking in prayer and extended worship - seeking God's face, and His will, and His presence, and His touch. We split up into small groups of five after a time of worship, and I went into the den with Gary, Will, Leslie, and a gal from St Olaf, Laura. We spent more than two hours just praying... when a person was prayed for, he sat on this really comfortable rocking chair, and the rest surrounded him.So I got prayed for for about a half hour I would think. It was awesome. God spoke to me in many ways... about stressing out, taking on too many things (and He even specifically told me what to drop from my plate because really this term has been one of the most tiring and stressful terms for me...) and even an insight as to why my cough is persisting. I believe it may be related to stress! :) We'll see. I'm going to try and take things easier till the end of the term (how that's going to happen I don't know, because things are getting BUSIER... AND we have to start registering for next term... but I'm trusting God on this one). And then look forward to going home!
Hey, God's already working. Today, Saturday, I woke up at 2pm. And I had NOTHING to do!! What a change. I actually felt so strange... like something was wrong. But I have to confess that I created work for me to do... well, read on.
Access to the secret room... my precious
So Annie (musical arranging genius, Exit 69) has the key to the Midi Lab, which is a room, always locked, in the basement of the Music and Drama Center... and in this room are treasures untold. Computers hooked up to keyboards and Sibelius!! :)I spent all of today (pretty much the whole afternoon, and then from about 8-ish till midnight, with a break in between when I met up with Rashika and gang for a break) in the Midi Lab. Arranging music for caroling this year. Woot!
I am so excited about caroling!! :) And it will rock.
So yeah...
Tomorrow is Sunday. And then the craziness will begin again. But for now, I thank God that at least I got a chance to take a breather today (sort of) and even have time to blog about this.God, I need more balance in my life. And time to CHILL... and just be like Mary. I want to find the better part. Help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment