Wednesday, November 3

Purpose-Driven Procrastination

Yes, I am procrastinating. I made it through about 30 of the 80 some pages I have to read tonight. But it's been a great night. Sola was great - we had discussions about everyone's favorite topic: RELATIONSHIPS. Especially in relation to dating. It was a lot of fun. And then great conversations followed on the way home... plus I got to eat one and a half mooncakes! Yum. Hey, when IS mooncake festival? Oh and on when I arrive in Singapore, we're all going for supper!! Yeah, Fran, we will come pick you up! 1 am? :D

Anyway, purpose-driven procrastination? I thought I would share a song with you guys (since it's been a while) and because I pray it will be a blessing. This was written spring term last year when I was going through a low time. And this is the first time something like this has happened, but the song kind of wrote itself in 2nd person. Like someone was writing to me. Or should I say Someone was writing. It was as if God Himself was speaking to me through my song! And writing this song was a huge turning point for me that term...

So if anyone of you is going through a rough patch in your life, imagine that this song was written for you. Click here to listen to it.

Song For Joshua
When you're walking through the valley
Only shadows light each day
When it seems that Hope's deserted you
You're left alone to find your way
When all the things that once surrounded you
Have all but lost their gold and shine
And you're trapped here with the pieces
Of a grey and broken night

Do not fear or be worried
He has promised to be with you
Even when you cannot feel Him near
Know He's here
So be strong, have good courage
Let His promise bring you strength
Though the night is full of sorrow
Know His joy will come tomorrow
And his love for you will never change
And his love for you will never change

May every day you walk with Jesus
Be a glimpse of who you'll be
Though this earthly life will falter
Look toward eternity
Let the peace that passes understanding
Guard your heart and soul
For the God who clothes the lilies
Is the One who makes you whole

(c)2004 Joshua Yeoh

No comments: