
And this...

And then I took a different route back to my arrondissement. And ended up in Passy. Very bourgeoisie. Very rich. Very posh. AND I saw a wedding. So I joined a group of KPCs at the door of the church and started snapping pictures! Isn't that such a cool place to get married?

And I also saw Balzac's house!! El cheapo didn't pay to go in though.

A nut in a nutshell
Quick recaps of what happened since the last update B.H.E. (before homesickness entries). I visited the Gates of Hell. Yup, and I lived to tell the tale. Hehe. These are the gates of hell by Rodin.
And this is the house I am going to buy. It's currently the Musee Rodin. And it has one of the most beautiful gardens in paris. Last Saturday, there was an event where the whole garden and museum was to be lit up. So, a couple of friends and I decided to go. Unfortunately when we got there, the line snaked all the way from inside the museum grounds, all along the road outside the museum, and curved on to the main road.

So we opted for plan B. French wine on the Champs de Mars, beholding the spectacular Eiffel Tower and the wonderful display of lights. Can you imagine this was the first time a lot of them or maybe ANY of them had seen the sparkling lights on the Eiffy? I get to see it every night. He he he. This is me with Kelly, Priyanka, Amy and Anne. Carmen is taking the picture.

On Sunday, after church. Ooh. Speaking of church, I am leading worship tomorrow! In English and French! So please pray for me if you read this before my tomorrow! 6 hours behind Malaysian time, 8 hours ahead of US. I think. ANYWAY, after church, went to Belleville. Lots of yummy Asian food. Look at that. Oh today I had the best Japanese / Chinese food I've had at Paris... near the Opera.

My host brother's twin also came back for a couple of days for an interview. here they are... they look more similar than that. Haha.

And we went to watch Macbett (Macbeth in French.. an adaptation of it anyway) which was just a little bit too deep for me. I preferred the opera we went to see: La clèmence de titus by Mozart. In spite of our nosebleed seats. Here we are..

.. at the opera.

This is kind of a shorter update. Not the mega fat one before. But here are a bunch of things I'm looking forward to: -ROLAND GARROS! This Monday!! Look for me on TV! Haha! The picture below was taken when I went to pick up my tickets. yeah, I had to go collect them because I didn't put "Chez dickson" on my form! Bah. But when I entered the Stade Roland Garros I felt like screaming!!!! I am THERE!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Ee Poh Margaret is coming to visit this Friday!!! Yay. I get to stay in a hotel for two nights!! Yay! And we're going to have lunch with my host family. AND watch a one-night only performance of Puccini's Turandot, produced by Zhang Yimou, who also produced House of Flying Daggers and Hero!
-a concert at Sainte Chapelle tomorrow! Solistes Francais!! Playing Mozart and Webern.. yup and of course...
- HOME!

No comments:
Post a Comment