or "Eve of New Year's Eve Ramblings"
No matter how many times I do it, it doesn't get easier. Leaving home that is. Some people say that I'm fortunate to be able to come home every so often. I know it really is a blessing. But sometimes the silver lining comes with a tiny cloud: see, it gets kind of confusing sometimes living in two different worlds.On the one hand there is Northfield - and all the independence, new experiences, different people... friends... brothers and sisters in Christ from all over the world, and growth as a young adult. And on the other hand is Penang - with all its familiarity (which does NOT breed contempt in this case) and charm, the comforts of being at home, the dependence :), and of course family and friends I've grown up with.
Life is like a tectonic plate. Kind of like the one that moved and caused a 9.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunamis. One moment everything is calm and normal, and the next, something changes and the after effects are monumental. A 1000km long faultline, a more than 1000km long journey to travel. Literally, the world changes.
But unlike the devastating effects of the recent earthquake, I think life does not necessarily have to result in a mud-covered Gurney Drive. Change. Change is good. Change is inevitable. I suppose it's what you make of it that really matters.
What am I going to make of the changes that are happening and are going to happen?
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path
He will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him
Walk by faith, not by sight
Even when the fig tree does not blossom... I will bless You Lord
For I know the plans You have for me... to give me a hope and a future
And, the "I Have Decided" of the 21st century (Imho):
Your Word is a light unto my path
Your love guides me through my darkest night
And even though sometimes Your ways I cannot understand
I'll never walk away because my future's in Your hands
I don't care what people will say, I'm running after You
It's You I'm following today, I'm running after You
I will run to You
Yes, it doesn't get easier. But it sure gets better.
Goodbye 2004. Hello 2005.
Jesus, my year is yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment