Monday, February 14

Make like time and fly

So many things have happened this past week. And I'm behind so many deadlines. But it's all good! I thought I should take a half hour or so and journal how amazing this past week or so has been to give glory to God and to keep YOU informed! Because I know you're DYING to find out what's up with Josh, right? (Yeah, that's why I get SO many emails from home... NOT!!)

Midwinter Ball

Midwinter ball was the weekend before last. Saturday of midterm break, Great Hall, Sayles and Sevy Tea Room are transformed into dance spaces with live bands including the Roseville Big Band... which is just heavenly!

Anyway, this year, midwinter ball was even more special than it already is because of the honor of taking a very special girl to the dance. So this was how the night unfolded:

7:00pm
David (big guy, football team captain, can pick me up like I'm a sack of potatoes... a very small sack of potatoes, strongest man on campus who could probably squash me to a pulp with his pinky) and I went to pick up our dates - Laura and Erica (respectively, of course) - who have been getting ready since 5:00! Girls. And of course, they're late coming downstairs. So there we are, me with a gerbera in hand... waiting... and waiting... watching some TV in the lounge... waiting... and finally they come down. And it's all worth the wait. Because she looks gorgeous!

We drove to El Tequila's (Mexican food) for dinner and had a great time. Great conversations. Great company. Great double date! :) When we were done, it was still early so we decided to go to Blue Mondays for coffee. Or chai in my case. It was just a great time spent with two awesome people and a super-awesome girl. Here are some snapshots from the coffee place...

Goofy boy and girl...

Then it was on to the ball where we would dance all night.. but not before doing the celebrity snapshots. Red carpet. That kind of thing. With everyone decked out in their finest (and at Carleton, it's a rare thing)... I couldn't miss this Kodak opportunity. So here's us with Chieko and Tyler...

... and with Erica's best galpal from home, Andrea and her boy Jeff...

... me and some awesome FISHie women (L-R) Pam, me, Emily and Chrissie...

... with Amenah, Rashika and Edaeni...

So we danced all night. We cha-chaed and fox-trotted and waltzed and rhumba-ed till my toes were going to fall off... and then the clock struck twelve. And I turned into a pumpkin. Haha. No... we didn't stay till 1 when it ended, because I had to get up early to play in church the next day. But that was midwinter ball.

When dinner is lunch and supper is dinner

Flo and Laurie invited us to their house for dinner. Which is really lunch. Once again, we were immensely blessed by their generosity and hospitality. They went all out to give us a fantabulous meal... look at the ham! uuuummmm.... *drool*

Flo and Laurie live in a beautiful log cabin... and they have big fat goldfish. This is me and Angie. I was explaining how cute goldfish poop is because it just sticks out and strings about...

Bowling for... Carleton

Then there was bowling. Yeah, midterm break MAH! Most of Mustard Seed (except some bad people who didn't show up) went to Jesse James Lanes for an intense game of bowling. Yeah. You know... musicians. :) This is Emily my workout buddy (we're both in Cote Fitness) bowling... she said she needed bumpers... but she bowled well. Strikes even!

Stephy Dodge!

Micah and me

Feel the love... David, Pam, Steph, Patty, Micah, SooMie and me

Tong tong chiang

Then there were Chinese New Year festivities. Thank God for the chance to have steamboat. Man, i miss being home so much! Especially since I didn't get ANY cards this year! Except Fran's e-card. Even that... hmmph. hhehe. Anyway. Look at the food. Yum!

We had all the angmohs over for CNY dinner because all the Chinese PPK. :) And there was another dinner on Friday but I couldn't go because of ICCA... more on that later. But this is Steph and Cheryl. And yes, we, Tyler and me, taught them to use chopsticks. And they ate cuttlefish too! Then ... tom yam! mmmm...

International Championship of Collegiate A cappella

Then this weekend, I went down to Decatur, Illinois to participate in the ICCA with Exit 69. It was a big first step for us. Anxious at first. Much prayer. God came through. As always. He's faithful. Had a great time! And no one was drunk. Ha!! :) This is me and Sophia.

And this is Exit 69 at Millikin University, Decatur, IL. We didn't advance... but oh well. Stiff competition!

House bonding

When I came home, my housemates clapped their hands. I felt so loved! hehe. Anyway, at 11pm I decided we should make a BIG SNOW FISH in the yard since the snow was big, fat and wet and sticky. This is me and Chrissie making Nemo... I mean Jonah. We named the fish Jonah.

Steph making a big snowball... avalanche!!!!

Tada!! Meet Jonah. Our big snow fish. Unfortunately... today it was really warm. So now Jonah is a pile of leaves. Let's just call it abstract art.

V-Day

Then there was Valentine's day. I won't go into details because this is a public forum. Although I do go into details very often... don't I? Okay. it's late. But suffice to say it was one of the best days ever! Thanks, Erica. You ARE the most awesome girlfriend a guy could ask for. So this is us and erica's roommate, Jessie and her boy Paul at Paul's apartment... where Jessie and Erica slaved the afternoon away to prepare a yummy V-day dinner for us.

And of course, the boys had to reciprocate... to thank the girls. Someone say SPA FOOT MASSAGE!

And then the best part of the night... Mustard Seed. Where Erica and I got to worship the One that we both loved more than each other... JESUS. It was a powerful time of worship focusing on ... what else? LOVE! Laura and Erica in deep contemplative conversation.. haha!

Steph, me and Soom...

Sam... being Sam :)

And my awesome group of friends and brothers and sisters in Christ... Mustard Seed! YEAH. That's it for now... hope you enjoyed the pictures! Write to me... love you all. Posted by Hello

No comments: