I'm back in Penang! And it feels great to be home. This time around, I had one day of "I'm so bored, there's nothing to do". And that was it. You'd think break would be for, well... taking a break, but Josh seems to have a knack for creating work for himself.
So there's OCOV stuff. And it has been both exciting and challenging at the same time. Hearing the choir and how they are throwing their heart and soul into the project, listening to the band come together, and just all the little things and big things that are coming together for this event... it humbles me and at the same time makes me realize what an honor it is to be leading this group of people who love God so much. It's been challenging too because I don't think we've ever done anything of this scale - trying to fit a 110 member choir plus a full band with percussion and brass and 12 singers on a stage... no mean feat. And all the "headaches" that come with it - figuring out the sound system and lights and all that. Phew. It's a good thing I serve a God for whom nothing is impossible! Lol. But definitely keep this event in prayer. I am expecting a great outpouring of power and of fire!!
Then there's other interesting things like leading worship on the guitar today at church. That was interesting. I kind of enjoyed it too! :) My fingers didn't as much. I don't have guitar fingers. Yet. And I want a Taylor.
So I've decided that this Christmas, I am asking Santa for:
1. A Roland Fantom X8
2. A Taylor guitar and
3. An Apple Powerbook
Gone are the days when all I wanted was an Xmen figurine. Wait a minute, I never wanted Xmen figurines. :) haha.
I also want world peace. But those three are easier to come by I think.
I've been having a great time with my family too. Chilling with the bro, spending the afternoon tête-à-tête-ing with my mom, having intense discussions with my dad, teasing my grandma, playing with Niki (my dog, not my grandma ;) ). I am grateful for a super cool family and I think the older you get the more you learn to appreciate what is nearest to you.
We put up the Christmas tree too, my brother and I. I think we did a great job! if you are in the neighborhood you should stop by and check it out for yourself. Still trying to figure out what to do for Christmas dinner though. I bought pumpkin bread mix. I know it's more thanksgivingy than Christmasy... but...
I am going to drop in at the youth camp at some point too. Praying that God will seal and mark many lives.
And tennis. Wo ai da wang qiu!
And Chinese. I love speaking Chinese. As ang-moh as mine sounds. Or foreign. As in Beijing foreign. Oh well.
Ok. Now I will be silent for another four weeks. :) haha. It's so much more difficult to update when you're at home for some reason. I wonder why? Laziness probably.
1 comment:
grandma lucy. niki the doggy. joshua the boyfriend. okay, i think i got it. it's all good. :) miss you.
Post a Comment